Apple pastry flowers
Iz and I made these last weekend. Surprisingly quick, most steps were toddler-able and the end result was delicious!
Apples (we used braeburns)
Ready-made puff pastry (pre-rolled)
1. Core and finely slice the apples
2. Put slices in microwaveable bowl, fill halfway with water, add a generous squirt of lemon juice and microwave for a few minutes until slices are pliable/bendy
3. Roll out pastry and cut into long slices
4. Make apricot jam paste (mix equal parts apricot jam and water, mix well)
and spread onto pastry slices
5. Arrange apple slices on top half of pastry long edge (see picture below for orientation)
6. Roll up gently
7. Place "flower" in cupcake case (optional but we did it as much easier to get them out of the pan afterwards and also the kids love unwrapping cupcake cases!)
8. Cook for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees - watch for the pastry turning golden
9. Enjoy either on their own or serve with a dollop of creme fraiche or yoghurt - delicious!