Monday, 24 August 2015
Cooking with two: peach slushie
I saw this recipe on The Idea Room and thought it would be perfect for my two to cook together.
A few squeezes of lemon juice
- slice peaches into segments and peel off the skin
- measure out water
- halve lemon and remove pips
1. Put the peach slices in a large bowl (even the simplest task can be fun for a toddler and baby learning to cook!)
2. Mush the slices with a potato masher
3. Add the water and mix well
4. Squeeze half a lemon into the mix (tasting optional!!)
5. Spoon into a Tupperware and freeze - if you want it more slushy then stir it every hour or so, if you want it more "ice-y" then don't stir as often!
6. Serve on its own or with a dollop of fromage frais - yum!
We made it again with nectarines the next week. Equally easy and delicious - the perfect refreshing summer pudding.