Having been a doctor for the last 10 years, working every day with babies and children, I thought I was pretty well-placed to know everything-about-everything when Doof was born. However I soon learnt being a mum is very different to being a doctor...
Sunday, 3 April 2016
shared a few of these pictures on my facebook page a few weeks ago but
here's a quick "how to" guide if anyone wants a very simple way to
brighten up teatime...
What you need:
Pancake mix (bottle or homemade)
Food colours - I used neon gels
What you do:
1. Make up the pancake mix as usual
2. Fill each squeezy bottle with mix and add a few drops of food colouring
3. Brush a thin layer of oil on the bottom of a pancake or frying pan
4. Warm the pan over a low heat
5. Make whatever pattern you like with your different coloured squeezy bottles
6. Gently turn the pancake over when ready and cook on the other side
The trick is to keep the heat low - then you have time to make a multi-coloured pancake and cook it evenly without browning the colours :)
See how much fun you can have - definitely worth the tiny bit of extra effort!